Thy Blog Owner. ∞

My photo
'95. Dance has been & will always be my escape. Extremely thankful for everything that I am blessed with. I believe in the beauty of a smile, the endless wonders of the world, the magic of the moment, the unspoken love we have for the people & things around us. I fight for the people I love, all that I believe in & myself.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Holidaze

How I miss spending my holidays

1) Running around NH barefooted. Under the hothot sun stuck in the sticky body suit and slacks. Stepping on dirty water puddles in the canteen, running across the burning parade square.
Sleeping in the hall with all our sweat all over the place.
Creating endless noise with the 舞狮's 鼓 and trying out the 狮头。
Flying to the sound of 集合 and all the dancehood pumpings.
Greeting 老师 and all the warm ups and 过三关.
Learning of the 高跷, 耍棍, and all the suicidal crashes into the trashmat.
Attempts at hand stand, 托举 practices.
All the scoldings and disappointments that resulted in tears.

So much more, but now am only left with memories.

My best times were 2009 & 2011.
5 more days to the 3rd anniversary of Asian Youth Games.



NHDS, where my second home is.
But sadly and undeniably, things have changed.
& it's saddening to see what we've all become today, well at least to me.


2) Rushing to NAFA after NHDS practices in the afternoon.
My days then end around 9+ 10.
Fitting into another dance attire despite the stickiness and perspiration.
But after stepping into the studio, your tiredness wears off.
Everything just falls into place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But now holidays are so... shitty.
Apart from meeting and catching up with my loves, holidays were spent at camps and attempting to do work.
I love camps, but they sure do take up a lot of time. :/

& also, time doesn't allow us to slow down to think about what really matters to us most.
We constantly have to keep up.
So cruel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just had NRA's Danzation Auditions ytd & it went great.
So thankful for Yokekay once again for helping me with my 1minute solo audition choreography. (:

Tried out for Hiphop & Contem Jazz section and man i failed so badly @ the hiphop one. :/
REGRETTED NOT TRYING FOR STREET JAZZ I MEAN AFTER ALL #YOLO.
Anw, it was a really great experience overall & really love to see everybody so passionate about NRA.
(:

Self reminder :
never forget where you came from.
-------
Alright back to work.
Stay focused Jinglin.

No comments: